Host Billet Request Form
Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival 2013
Fringe Theatre Adventures (FTA) will attempt to arrange a cool and fun artist to stay with you while they are in Edmonton; however, we cannot guarantee that someone will be placed with you. Most artists will be placed in July; however, some may not be placed until days before the Festival. But don’t be worried — we will contact you.
To help us match you with the most appropriate artist, we need to know as much about you as possible. The personal information on this form is being collected by FTA, producers of the Fringe, and will be safeguarded. Your information will not be shared with any other organization and will be used solely for the purpose of fulfilling the objectives of the Edmonton Fringe billeting program.
If you have any questions or problems call Murray Utas at 780-448-9000
Questions about hosting during the Fringe?
Contact Fringe Hosting Team
Fringe Office phone: 780-448-9000
BILLETING TIPS FOR HOSTS:
- Laying down the house rules on the first day is important to creating harmony with your guests for the next two weeks. It is your home, so feel free to lay down any rules you may live by. You should also agree on the departure day.
- Simple things like bathroom and kitchen etiquette, and suggesting to make sure door is locked when leaving the house, are good pointers as well when meeting them on the first day.
- Artists come from a cross-section of lifestyles.
- You do not need to feed your artist.
- Artists live out of a suitcase, so don't be surprised to see the suitcase contents explode onto the floor for two weeks.
- Some artists are quiet and conservative.
- Some artists are liberal and gregarious.
- Make sure that the key you provide comes back to your possession.
- When you give out a key, tell your artist not to copy it.
- Some hosts treat this like the “Welcome Wagon.”
- Some hosts treat the artists out for dinner one night.
- Other hosts have a BBQ for their artists, as a social night.
- Some hosts join the artists for a beer in the beer tent.
- Other hosts offer to help with flyers.
- Some hosts make really fast friends with their guests.
- And some hosts may choose to not do anything special.
- It really is what you decide to make of the experience.
- Last, but not least: A great private party featuring the other volunteer hosts and all the billeted artists from out of town will be held just before the Fringe starts. All the adults in your home are invited along with your billeted artists.